Conservation Medicine Veterinarian, World Vets, Gig Harbor WA, 08/18-present.
- Consulting veterinarian for marine mammal stranding investigations.
- Develop and design studies assessing the influence of anthropogenic and environmental factors on aquatic wildlife population health and diseases, and the interface with public health.
Affiliate Instructor, Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 03/18-present.
- Graduate student (MPH and PhD) advising
- Help co-teach courses in Departments of Epidemiology; Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences; and Comparative Medicine
Research Associate, Cascadia Research Collective, Olympia, WA, 03/13-present.
- Design and implement epidemiological and environmental studies of aquatic wildlife species, including emerging and zoonotic diseases, population health, environmental and climatic influences on wildlife disease occurrence, and topics related to wildlife resource management and recovery.
Wildlife Veterinarian, Central Puget Sound Marine Mammal Stranding Network, Whidbey Island, WA, 6/06-present.
- Consulting veterinarian for marine mammal strandings and disease investigations.
- Conduct health assessments of live stranded animals and necropsy of dead marine mammals.
- Conduct training workshops on health assessment and necropsy/tissue sampling techniques.
- Implement and maintain relational stranding and disease database for organization.
Wildlife Epidemiologist, NOAA, National Marine Fisheries Service, Alaska Fisheries Science Center, National Marine Mammal Laboratory, Seattle, WA, 9/07-08/15.
- Design and implement epidemiological studies of various marine species.
- Participate in capture, health assessments, sampling, and tagging of cetacean species.
Marine Mammal Research Veterinarian, NOAA, National Marine Fisheries Service, Protected Resources Division, Seattle, WA, 3/99-7/06
- Coordinated and responded to live and dead marine mammal strandings in Washington State as part of the Northwest Region Stranding network.
- Collected, necropsied and sampled stranded marine mammals during disease investigations.
- Participated in high-profile stranding and disease investigations.
- Advised the public and other local, state and federal agencies on marine mammal policies and regulations.
Southern Resident Killer Whale and Dall's porpoise; San Juan Islands, WA; 1995-1996